I remember when we found a contest looking for true articles from people who had who faced difficult or even heartbreaking situations but somehow found the silver lining in the cloud. They went on to make something good of the experience, and the publisher wanted to read their stories.
We both decided to try writing for the contest, but the deadline was only a few weeks away and we got sidetracked. Our best ideas actually came AFTER the deadline. We kept saying, “We should have…” and “If only we had more time…”
That was years ago when you were still actively writing. Now The Chicken Soup for the Soul series books are inviting very similar stories, but their deadline is more than 3 months away!!! That’s plenty of time to ponder ideas, write, edit and rewrite, and submit. So, in honor of the contest you and I wanted to enter but didn’t, let’s post this terrific opportunity for all our writing friends, okay?
Okay! Here are all the details:
“When life hands you lemons… make lemonade!” And don’t just make lemonade but squeeze out every last drop of juice from that sour lemon to make the sweetest lemonade possible. We are looking for true stories that show how you made the best of a challenging situation and turned it into something positive. Tell us your success stories and how you made them happen.
- You got fired/laid off and discovered a new better career
- You prevailed over an illness or medical condition and found a wonderful silver lining
- You overcame an addiction and found new purpose
- You lost all your money and possessions and discovered new happiness with your family
- You went through a difficult time with your child but came out with a better relationship
- You lost a loved one and created a non-profit that is saving lives so other people don’t go through the same loss
Select the Submit Your Story link on the left tool bar and follow the directions.